So glad that May 1st is a holiday here in Germany so I could get some paperwork and other stuff done. I finally did my taxes and am going to send them out tomorrow (holiday means the post office is closed). I re-organized part of my closet and my scarf drawer (Who has that many scarves? I do.) and I’m determined to try out a little project today. Also on the agenda: make a white-silver-gold-maybe bracelet and possibly some earrings. Gosh, sometimes I wish my day had more hours.
My project for April was to write 500 words every day.
I decided to go for short stories and writing exercises instead of a full-on 15k word story and it worked out alright. I missed 5 days that I couldn’t catch up on, but I’m still pretty proud. I feel a bit more confident getting back into writing and I think it helps that I really didn’t intend to share any of the stories. That gave me permission to suck majorly and just get the story out on paper –uhm, the screen– instead of worrying about the wording.
Surprisingly, I did a lot of rewrites on a couple of those stories and they turned out alright (I posted them anonymously somewhere but I won’t tell you where ), which also helped with the confidence.
It was also my birthday at the beginning of April (which I, as usual, forgot about and was reminded of by my mother at 5:45am) and I’d like to introduce you to my new roommates:
Everyone, meet my owls. Owls, meet everyone on the internet.
Ever since my Dad mentioned that I live in an “owl tower” I have adopted a new-found love for them (they’re easy to draw!). My friend Claudia, the one that left me for Munich, got me the two on the left. They’re hand cream and lip balm, respectively. My sister made me the pen bucket in the back, which I love. And my parents got me the photo holder on the right.
Oh, and the girl in the “picture” is me. The resemblance is stunning, isn’t it?
It’s gonna be May.
My projects for May? I honestly don’t know. But here are a few things I have to get done this month:
- I signed up for a 2.5km run on Sunday, May 5. I know it doesn’t sound like a big deal, but it is for me. So glad that Rebecca will be running with me! I think I’d chicken out otherwise.
- Sew cushions for my mother. ROUND ones! I don’t think they realize that I only got that sewing machine six months ago and still have only a slight idea how to use it. But I got fabric. I can do a couple of test runs.
- I gotta re-organize my files. It’s not that I can’t find stuff, it’s just that I’m no longer happy with the way it looks and is sorted. I have so many more files now that I’ve moved into my own place, got work and basically became an independent person. And it doesn’t look pretty… (Yes, I went over to IHeart Organizing and got Jealous with a capital J.)
- There may be a tiny little photoshoot Claudia and I want to do. I’m not telling what it’s about, yet, but I’ll see if I can share a couple of pictures if she lets me
- The packages for the Kenziks and Matt have to be sent out. I’ve just been slacking. It’s May and they’re “2013″ packages. I’m a bad person.
I think that’s about it. If I think of anything else, I’ll let you know.
What about you? How’d your projects go?